Sunday, September 12, 2010

London: Taking a Ride on the London Eye

South Bank on the River Thames was one of my favourite areas in London because I love to be near the water!
I took a ride on the London Eye (aka Millennium Wheel...it was built to celebrate the new Millennium. It was opened by British Prime Minister Tony Blair on December 31, 1999)...
It is the tallest ferris wheel in Europe and is visited by over 3.5 million people annually. (This information was taken from Wikipedia...and to read more about the London Eye, please click here.)

I also dedicate this video to Sabia who was my enthusiastic and knowledgable tour guide who spent many days with me showing me her city and taking me around everywhere to all the places I wanted to go, and all the awesome places she suggested. Thanks, mate!

London Eye from chantalsunita on Vimeo.

0 comments: