Sunday, May 17, 2009

California Sandwiches

Located in Toronto's Little Italy, California Sandwiches make Subway and the rest of chains look like a joke.

This restaurant is family owned and operated since 1967.
It's best not to go there during peak hours on a weekend.  You'll have a very long wait.  I've been eating their veal sandwiches for years and tonight the boys try their steak sandwiches for the first time.  The sandwiches are very reasonably priced at under 8 bucks a pop, and you WILL be full and happy afterwards.

244 Claremont St. Toronto. ON
tel. 416-603-3317 
HOURS:
Mon-Wed 10am-11PM
Thurs-Sat 10am-11:30PM 
Closed Sunday 


4 comments:

Marsha said...

love the food joints you've been plugging onyour blog (i.e. perfect chinese restaurant, gourmet burger, etc. etc.) this place looks fun and yummy! i'll be sure to check it out!

chantal sunita said...

Hey Marsha! Let me know when you're hungry - I'll join you at California's. Maybe we can round up the boys too. Glad to hear that at least one person reads my blog, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey hey,

Jonathan here -- I read it too! Would def. like to check this place out :)

I also like sandwich box. Not sure if you've ever been there...

chantal sunita said...

@Jonathan, let's make a date and go! Haven't seen you in forever!
Ah yes, Sandwich Box...I vaguely remember the review in the NOW when they did their feature on Sandwiches in Toronto. It's conveniently located, I shall check it out! Thanks for the tip!